Thursday 17 November 2016

Maybe I could do a marathon!

Having not taken part in a running event since leaving high school, this came as a slight surprise to my husband.

'Perhaps you should start with something a bit smaller, such as a half...or a 10k?' he suggested wisely.

I pondered over this, scratching my chin whilst thinking about which charity I would run the marathon for.

'You could do the Glasgow Half Marathon in October, that's just a few months away.'

I pondered over this a bit longer, then decided to pop on to the Great Scottish Run website, just to have a look. I looked at the map of the route, then realised a marathon would be double that distance.

'Maybe you're right', I concurred as I clicked 'Enter Now' on the Great Scottish Run website. Just to see.

13.1 miles. That wasn't too bad. I could do that! Yes, that can be the new plan and if it all goes well, I'll sign up for the Edinburgh Marathon immediately after!

Before my husband could suggest a 10k might actually be a better place to start, I had a screen in front of me telling me I had entered the half marathon.

Little did I realise that at that moment, there was quite literally no going back.



No comments:

Post a Comment